* MAIN 2013 GOAL: Reduce our mortgage debt by at least £25,000*
Steps to achieve goal:
1: Announce it (for accountability) on your blog
2: List the small money saving moves that will help you to achieve your goal
- When we have to buy, pay with a cash back credit card
- And through a cash back site if possible
- Maximize supermarket points
- Swap supermarket points for restaurant vouchers
- Avoid eating out without using above
- Move ISA savings to best rates in April
- Continue to build a stockpile
- Eat leftovers once a week
- Continue to menu plan
- Buy a bread maker
- Monitor electricity usage and reduce as much as possible
- Use the library more!
- Avoid buying extra magazines
- Shop around for all major purchases (carpet & windows) and buy at best price
- Update existing furniture instead of buying new
I’m sure other things will come to mind as soon as I hit publish, but for now this is what I have.
Do you have a BIG goal for 2013? If so, what small money saving moves will you be making to achieve your goal?