I tried to come up with a jazzy title for these posts – but failed! Basically in 2014 I want to keep a record of every new (to us) item that enters our home, whether it is purchased, gifted or dropped through the letterbox unsolicited! Added into that I’m also keeping a record of anything that I remove from the house in anyway.
Doing this is all part of my grand plan to move closer to ‘zero waste’….which we’re a long way from being close to right now. (Although I wouldn’t say we’re horrendous waste producers, I still feel like there’s a lot of work to be done.)
For list making purposes I’m ignoring anything work related and all grocery items.
+ 3 newspapers (hotel freebies)
+ 15 flyers (letterbox)
+ 1 golf travel brochure (post)
+ 17 mail envelopes
+ 1 Charity Bag (letterbox)
+ 3 DVD envelopes (front cover + 2 inserts)
+ 1 Roasting Pan
+ 2 Wooden Spoons
+ 1 Large Note pad
+ 2 Pyrex Dishes with lids
+ 1 Jumper
+ 1 Throw blanket
+ 1 Duvet Set with pillows
+ 2 Ceramic Pots
+ 1 Candle Holder
+ 2 Hand Towels
+ 1 Portuguese Book
+ 2 Magazines (subscriptions)
+ Assorted receipts
Good grief! Now that it looks like I spent the whole month shopping, here are a few of my thoughts:
- Me + London = no self control (I’m working on it!).
- M needed a Portuguese study book for his lesson, so this was an unavoidable purchase
- Magazines will be a thing of the past for me soon as I cancelled my subscriptions last year.
- Pyrex dishes are to replace plastic for food storage
- Mail received is a little perplexing. Why do we get so much mail when we’re paper free with most companies?!
- I have a lot to work on in 2014!
The magazines in the photo above + an old griddle pan (which I’m yet to replace).