How I’m doing with my January mini goals;
- Stick to my No Personal Spending Goal (Joining in with Carla’s Challenge). FAIL. So far (although I’m hoping it finished for the month now), I’ve spent £39.29. Most of it in the last week – I’m not sure I can last a whole 31 days without spending……and we sure have spent a lot of other money this month….carpets, home decor etc, so this is a definite fail!
- De-Clutter the box room and my daughters bedroom. PASS. Total pass. The rooms are totally clutter free. We donated anything that was useful and everything else went to the recycling depot.
- Start the bedroom decorating (sand all the wood and fireplace). Work in progress. This room will be finished either today or tomorrow.
- Get a quote for 3 new windows. FAIL. Although I have got someone coming tomorrow to do a quote for some wood rot! I’m trying to find a new window company as our previous people have stopped trading
- Lose 2lbs (Annual goal 24lbs). PASS. I’ve lost 2.5lbs so far (and can hopefully hit 3lbs by the end of the month. I have been all over the place with my exercise and food recording though!
- Read one book (7 ). PASS….nearly. I only a few more pages to read. Loved this book!
Annual goals (Dec – Nov);
- Reduce our mortgage debt by at least £25,000. Reduced by £478.57 in January.
- Save at least £4,500 for travel. We’re about 54% nearer to goal because we’re ‘front ending’ all of our saving to the early part of 2013 and then concentrating on the mortgage for the rest of the year.
- Increase our cash savings by at least £2,200. Goal completed as hubby luckily received a bonus payment.
- Make at least £2,500 over and above our regular income. £97.20 made in December. For this goal I’m counting blog income, cash back and money from any item sales.
- Spend no more than £2,000 on groceries. December was a high month (£262.21) but so far January has been better (£208.11) . I’ve done a lot of stockpiling too!
- Go someplace new abroad. We booked to go to Lucerne in June. We originally planned on going to Vienna but changed our minds
- Go someplace new home. No not yet.
- Complete 5 Life List goals. No not yet, work in progress
- Lose 24lbs. See above. Lost 2.5lbs so far.
- Fully complete all 3 bedrooms. This is happening and will hopefully be completed after January 19th when the carpet is laid.
Five Four Year Plan
How are your 2013 goals going?