Here’s what we’re eating for the rest of November* (menu plan based on the contents of our freezer and store cupboard).
- Chicken Curry/Rice/Naan x 2
- Pasta Bake & Salad x 2
- Salmon/Potatoes/Green Beans/Peas x 2
- Salmon Fishcakes/Potatoes/Green Beans/Corn
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Tagliatelle Bolognese x2
- Pizza x 2
- Sausage/Mash/Peas/Green Beans
- Sausage Dogs/Onions
- BBQ Pork Chops/Corn/Green Beans/Jacket Potato
We have quite a bit of family entertaining to do over the Christmas period, and a lot of my November budget is being used to prepare for it! Using what we already have for our meals this month is really helping me to do that
* 17 meals only as we’re away from home alot.
Please forgive my lack of posts and comments on your blogs. I have a newly discovered health issue* and I’m just taking a little step back to re-evaluate a few things.
*I knew that I wasn’t feeling ‘quite right’, but you know how it is, you ignore it because you have stuff to do…..or is that just me?
Every now and again I like to give our kitchen a full shake down….it doesn’t happen too often, so when the mood strikes I like to go with it!
I washed, scrubbed and polished everything. The drains got slooshed (check out this post on Chiot’s Run), and the cabinets got cleaned.
Millions of people own these Ikea cutlery drainers. I hope they wash the bottom out on a more regular basis than I do! It was not pleasant! Note to self: do it weekly!
Every Tuesday and Saturday in Lucerne a farmers market is held along the banks of the River Reuss. The fruit and vegetables all looked gorgeous….and so did the plants and flowers.
Further reading: Lucerne Switzerland
Since completing our bedroom update (new paint & carpet) I’ve been fighting the urge to add more ‘stuff’. The finishing touches if you like. A picture here, a vase there, the extras that look nice, but cost money.But (thankfully) I’ve managed to stop myself. The walls are still bare, and the drawer unit is (nearly) bare, and I think that’s how I’m going to keep it. The simplicity of the room makes it very easy to maintain (and fall asleep in).
And the current set up also keeps clothing clutter at bay. All our clothing easily fits into a wardrobe and a drawer (one each). The extra drawer in the unit above contains toiletries, a hairdryer and my make up. To think I even thought about getting fitted wardrobes – definitely a want, not a need!
Do you fit the urge to add more stuff to your home? Or are you happily removing the clutter as I type?
We’ve practically given up going to the actual pictures now – last time the constant noise got too annoying – but we still love watching films, so we’re patient and wait for the DVD to come out……although some of the films below have been out for years!
So far this year we’ve seen the following:
- The Five Year Engagement – Okay only because I love Emily Blunt, but not my favourite film of hers.
- Magic Mike – Just okay.
- Any Given Sunday – this film made its way into hubby’s Top 3, Rambo & Caddyshack being the other two (no judgement :)), but I fell asleep!
- Men in Black 3 – Not for me, but I didn’t fall asleep!
- Seeking a Friend at the End of The World – Okay, but made me a little sad.
- The Descendants – Wanted to love this film but thought it was average.
- The Amazing Spiderman – My favourite film of 2013 so far
- The Romantics – Won’t be buying it!
**Added (forgot them!)
- Safe House – Loved it! Denzel Washington could just talk for 2 hours and I would be happy!
- The Double – Richard Gere. Not too bad, but at times I struggled to hear the dialogue.
How about you, what films have you seen (and enjoyed) this year?
( photo credit)