I’m already thinking about next year and what goals to set. Should I set a lot? Should I go with a couple of BIG goals and then have a kinda to do list similar to this year? Hmmm. Something to ponder as I try and complete (or not!), everything on this years list.
*12 GOALS FOR 2012
- Reduce our mortgage to less than
£83,000 £80,000– Goal revised to £85,000 <— shouldwill happen on December 1st
- Contribute/save at least
£3,000(revised) £2,500 to our future financial freedom – Yes by way of pension contributions
- Save at least
£1,000– Goal revised to £4.500 for house repairs – Saved and spent!
- Save £900 for gifts <— saved and spent – wasn’t enough!
Save £1,300 for a family holiday– completed, went to Portugal in September
- Save £4,000 for a trip to Washington/NY in 2013 – goal cancelled to pay for building repairs
Save £700 for a mini break to Italy– completed, went to Rome in June
- Complete our 11 item house to do list - Um no, but did some major building work.
- Read 20 books – 18/20 – hope to complete this month.
- Lose 42lbs – 0/42 – FAIL!
- Watch 52 films* – 23/52 – failing but okay with that
Achieve 5 life list goals– completed :0)
2012 To Do List
Travel (Places to visit)
Rome– June 2012
- Brighton – no not happening…went to London though
Portugal– September 2012 New York– April 2012
- Document 52 films watched – does a watched list on my lovefilm account count?
- Document 20 books read – yes, through goodreads
- Learn to make a good quiche - can make one, have to ask hubby if it’s any good!
- Make 12 donations – 12/12 – goal completed
- Have one date night a month – 11/12 – yes
Make a clothing wish list(but keep it minimal) – completed
- Continue to reduce, reuse and recycle – yes
- Lose 42lbs – Noooooo
- Walk 2 miles+ twice weekly – Nooooo
- Eat a vegetarian diet for a whole month – Nooo
- Take my iron x 3 weekly – Taken a.lot but not enough……until the last couple of months
- Complete (total) paper free project ^^^ this goal has not happened ^my current paperwork pile
- Continue weekly menu planning - yes thankfully as it saves me so much money
- Make a blog schedule – no**
Remove shed and replace with storage unit
- Replace back door step
Paint small hall Paint mdf shelf in small hall
- Box in meter
- Replace under stairs cupboard door frame
- Re grout tiles around hob – STILL NOT DONE!
- Replace small window dining room
- Replace breakfast room window
- Clean hall tiles
Improve roof insulation **My blogging at Move to Portugal has been a little hit and miss this year. To be honest I’ve been struggling to find a direction to go in as (so) much of our financial stuff is talked about on my other site, and I don’t want to repeat the information. Right now I’m thinking this place needs to just be about goal chasing – in particular how I’m progressing with my life list. The possibility of achieving everything, or nearly everything, on my life list brings me joy, and that seems as good a reason as any to write a blog.
How are you doing with your 2012 goals? Any major successes?