*MAY 2013 STATS
- Original Mortgage: £138,485 (April 2006)
- Original term: 300 months (March 2031)
- Outstanding Balance: £79,900
- Reduction from last month: £829.50
- Paid off to date: £58,585
- Monthly payment: £542.34
- May over payment £352.85
- Actual payments left: 206
- Months until goal date: 55 (31st Dec 2017)
- Months until stretch goal date: 31 (31st Dec 2015)
Mortgage debt repaid:
We’re so happy to reach another milestone (<£80k)
Our 2013 goal of a £25k mortgage reduction seems to be moving further and further away right now, so we’re only thinking about the next £10k milestone (which also brings us close to the (£69,242.50) halfway line).
Are you overpaying your mortgage….or do you have plans to overpay your mortgage?
I was feeling a little fed up with our ongoing list of house projects, but now that we’ve finally had blinds installed on the (new) downstairs windows, I feel a little painting coming on….
Still to do:
- Replace side door, step and frame
- Install solar light above back door
- Box in pipework
- Replace kitchen window
- Replace dining room window
- Clean hall tiles
- Tile, plaster and decorate porch
- Re-point brickwork (side of house)
- Install steps garden
- Remove grass and add patio/gravel to garden
- Replace the fence (added)
- Replace all guttering (added)
- Dining room
- Breakfast Room
- Small hall cupboard
Replace bathroom light fittings
- Replace shower
- Cement wall post back on
We’re getting there
It’s clearly work in progress…..
…….but for now, at least it’s tidier!
PS. I have this vision of paving slabs and gravel……..eventually